HDX - Accordion Shutter
HDX Accordion Shutter - Window Protection
- Built to withstand HURRICANE FORCE winds
- Made from HIGH QUALITY extruded aluminum and stainless steel parts
- Encloses ENTIRE balconies with one shutter
- Protect patio doors from rain damage
- Improved Stacking
- MORE coverage per blade
- FASTEST assembly and installation
- 90° corner mate available
- REDUCED "footprint" for balcony enclosures
Alutech's Accordion Hurricane Shutters are designed to cover windows, sliding glass doors or enclose total balconies. The Accordion shutters have been tested to MEET or EXCEED Florida's building code regulations.
HDX Accordion Shutters - Hurricane Testing
These Accordion Shutters have been tested to MEET or EXCEED the most stringent requirements for Hurricane Shutters in the industry, such as :
- Florida Building Code (FBC) Non HVHZ
- Florida Building Code (FBC) HVHZ
- Dade and Broward
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- Miami-Dade County
HDX Accordion Shutters - Benefits
- Permanently installed for YEAR ROUND PROTECTION
- They fold back compactly, similar to a louvered door, and are one or two piece shutters.
- They are installed in front windows and doors, balconies, and large patio openings.
- Accordion Shutters are CONVENIENT and EASY TO CLOSE. They lock from the inside or outside for INCREASED SECURITY AND PROTECTION.
- Accordion Hurricane Shutters are made of aluminum and should be cleaned and lubricated yearly.
- Accordion Shutters are considered one of the STRONGEST shutters available.
- A special 90° corner mate is available to exactly fit your balcony and not take up valuable floor space.
- Our new Accordion shutters features Hurricane Protection for residential and commercial applications.
- The system is HIGHLY VERSATILE and allows flexible use of components for both commercial and residential Hurricane Shutter Systems.
40ft / 480 inches
12.5ft / 150 inches
Yes. Several of our models fall under the “hurricane shutters” category under Florida's building code. For more information, please visit our Applications section.
We offer a wide range of standardized color choices, from white to black. We also offer customized color options upon request.
While these shutters differ in style or design, each of these works to protect your home from torrential rains and hurricane-force winds. In addition, each of these products is tested to comply with numerous building codes (e.g. FBC and IBC).
Absolutely! Hurricane shutters provide the highest level of protection against the elements. For more information, please visit our Applications section.
Storm bars used to be necessary for certain widths. However, newer products such as our Barracuda and Magnum shutters use our new end retention systems. This erases the need for storm bars.
The chances are highly likely! Just to be sure, however, you can contact us or access our Find A Dealer page to locate nearby dealers. Simply enter your zip code.
Motorized shutters and screens with gear override should be used in case of a power outage. They may also prove ideal for creating emergency exits.
Special switches can operate up to two shutters. Somfy’s RTS or IGC technology could, virtually, operate an unlimited number of shutters with only a single switch! The technology could also be modified to control individual or groups of motors from multiple locations. This technology can be incorporated into most home automation and z-wave systems.
If you are already in the home improvement industry, you might be a potential candidate.
Find out more by checking out our Become a Dealer section.